Tennessee Bar Association
Nashville Bar Association
Tennessee Association for Justice
10 Best
Best Attorneys of Nashville
Expertise - Best Divorce Lawyers in Franklin

Post Divorce Modification

“Just because your divorce is over does not mean that you will not have legal problems with your ex-spouse.”

If you have already dissolved your marriage but seek to hire an experienced post divorce modification attorney, Widrig Law PLLC can help. We are experienced divorce modification lawyers or sometimes known as post judgment attorneys. Just because your divorce is over does not mean that you will not have legal problems with your ex-spouse. The most common post divorce matters including enforcement actions and modification of current court orders.

Contempt of Court

If a party fails to obey a Court Order, something must be done to force the person to comply with the Court Order. Sometimes it is necessary to file a Contempt Petition seeking to have the person punished for not doing as the court ordered. The punishment can be incarceration in jail unless and until they comply with the Courts Order.

A typical approach in an enforcement proceeding would be first sending a letter requesting that a party comply with the Court Order. If the party still refuses to comply, a Petition for Contempt may be filed and if the party still refuses to comply, a hearing is typically scheduled and the Court determines whether the party refusing to comply should be jailed until they comply. Contact the Post Divorce Attorneys at the law office of Widrig Law PLLC for more details on your post divorce litigation.

Modification of Court Orders (Child Support / Alimony)

The most common provisions of Court Orders that people seek to modify involve child support, child custody/visitation, and alimony.

In most circumstances, in order to modify child custody you must show that there has been “a substantial and material change in the circumstances” since the last Order was entered by the Court. The change can be either to you or to the other party, and can include almost anything, including losing a job, retiring, having other children, getting remarried, being arrested/convicted, etc. contact the Child Custody Modification Attorney at Widrig Law PLLC for a consultation to see if your situation is a substantial and material change according to the law.

Widrig Law is a Family Law Attorney law firm. Our main offerings include: Divorce Attorneys, Child Support Lawyers and Bankruptcy Attorneys for all your legal needs

Divorce Modification, Enforce Divorce Decree, Spousal Support Modification and More

The spousal support modification attorneys at Widrig Law PLLC handle every aspect of a divorce proceeding including what happens after a divorce and a final decree has been issued. Lawyer James Widrig and the Lawyers of Widrig Law PLLC offer a full suite of family law services in all of Middle Tennessee, including Nashville TN and Murfreesboro TN. Our team of family attorneys can provide legal advice involving everything from a pre-divorce settlement to a post-divorce modification.

Let us help you with enforcement of the court order; father’s rights issues that may require a divorce modification; or let us help with cases involving changes due to change in employment, moving away from Tennessee, new marriages or new children, child custody disputes; and other issues that your original divorce decree no longer addresses.

Divorce and family law cases and the divorce proceedings themselves are complicated and often highly charged with emotion. You may need divorce law advice and divorce litigation representation. We can help you with all aspects of your divorce case including property division; uncontested divorce; the divorce filing procedure; mediation; settlement or enforcement. Our family attorneys handle many divorce proceedings, even the most complex, high-asset property division disputes and cases involving complicated prenuptial agreements and paternity disputes.

If you need the services of an experienced post divorce modification attorney, Widrig Law PLLC can help. If you are looking for a modification lawyer or post judgment attorney then call and speak to one of our attorneys today.

We Serve the Following States, Cities, Zip Codes and Counties

Murfreesboro 37130, Smyrna 37167, Franklin 37064, Lebanon 37087, Mount Juliet 37121, Gallatin 37077, Davidson County, Rutherford County, Wilson County, Williamson County, Sumner County

Client Reviews

"My family and I thank you for your assistance in obtaining my divorce. I left the courthouse with a sense of relief... I know that it is what we paid you to do, but wanted you to know that it has been a pleasure working with you! I will gladly refer you to anyone that I know who is in need of the...

GS - Client

"I want to thank you so much for taking my case. I feel like this situation is so petty and ridiculous and I appreciate you taking me on as a client and being so informative and on top of things. I just feel like I am in good hands and I appreciate that so much."

CT - Client

"Widrig Law was very helpful during an unexpectedly difficult time in my life. They provided expertise that was througtful in how legal proceedings can impacts people and families. The approach to my family law matter was tailored to my needs. I highly recommend working with James Widrig and his...

HP - Client

Contact Us

  1. 1 Available by Videochat, Phone, or In-Person
  2. 2 Over 17 Years of Experience
  3. 3 Aggressive Representation

Fill out the contact form or call us at 615-417-7800 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message