Property Agreement

Divorce or even legal separation issues are complex, particularly when it comes to division of assets and debts, which is why you should rely on the experience of a property division attorney to advise you given your individual circumstances. A property division lawyer can explain how the Tennessee courts will divide your property in more detail, but generally the court will first have to determine what is “separate property” and what is “marital property”. Tennessee is not a community property state so after the property is classified then, in most cases, the court will divide property that is considered marital property and award the party their separate property. Separate property is generally the property that a person brought into the marriage, property received as a gift, or inheritance.

As family court attorneys we offer experience handling property issues connected to a marriage dissolution or divorce settlement. A property attorney can help remove the hostility and emotions from the process that often block couples from reaching decisions concerning joint property and division of assets and debts. But if all the details are worked out and everyone comes to an agreement then you and your spouse will sign a property settlement agreement or a Marital Dissolution Agreement which sets out the terms of your agreement.

The firm of Widrig Law PLLC serves all of middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Nolensville TN and Murfreesboro TN, and we can provide a knowledgeable marital property attorney to help you resolve disputes involving the fair and equitable distribution of your assets and liabilities. Our property lawyers can also help couples who may have a prenuptial agreement regarding the division of assets and joint property.

Property Lawyers, Property and Divorce, Equitable Distribution of Assets, Joint Property, Community Property, Division of Assets, Property Settlement Agreements

We understand that some divorce cases are filled with emotionally charged complexities. But our team of property division lawyers are prepared to help you navigate these complexities and support you with your case with personalized attention at every turn.

If you are attempting to resolve a property settlement issue in divorce or legal separation and would like to hire a property division lawyer or property division attorney, then the marital property attorney team here at Widrig Law PLLC maybe what you are looking for.

Widrig Law is a Family Law Attorney law firm. Our main offerings include: Divorce Attorneys, Child Support Lawyers and Bankruptcy Attorneys for all your legal needs.

We Serve the Following States, Cities, Zip Codes and Counties

Murfreesboro 37130, Smyrna 37167, Franklin 37064, Lebanon 37087, Mount Juliet 37121, Gallatin 37077, Davidson County, Rutherford County, Wilson County, Williamson County, Sumner County

Client Reviews

"My family and I thank you for your assistance in obtaining my divorce. I left the courthouse with a sense of relief... I know that it is what we paid you to do, but wanted you to know that it has been a pleasure working with you! I will gladly refer you to anyone that I know who is in need of the...

GS - Client

"I want to thank you so much for taking my case. I feel like this situation is so petty and ridiculous and I appreciate you taking me on as a client and being so informative and on top of things. I just feel like I am in good hands and I appreciate that so much."

CT - Client

"Widrig Law was very helpful during an unexpectedly difficult time in my life. They provided expertise that was througtful in how legal proceedings can impacts people and families. The approach to my family law matter was tailored to my needs. I highly recommend working with James Widrig and his...

HP - Client

Contact Us

  1. 1 Available by Videochat, Phone, or In-Person
  2. 2 Over 17 Years of Experience
  3. 3 Aggressive Representation

Fill out the contact form or call us at 615-417-7800 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message